Secrets of Quality Sleep for Vibrant Hair
Hello fellow hair enthusiast! Ever wondered about the nighttime secret that can transform your hair game? Well, it's something you are already doing, but you may be able to do a bit better..Sleep! Quality sleep and your hair's radiance are connected. So let's say goodbye to tossing and turning and say hello to a world of vibrant, healthy locks. Wondering how? Let's dive into this dreamy journey!
Beauty Sleep: Your Hair's BFF:
Did you know your hair might suffer from your late-night Netflix binging? Yep, those all-nighters can lead to hair that's as tired as you are. Think dryness, dullness, and strands that have lost their sparkle. The solution? Prioritize quality sleep; your hair will thank you by regaining vitality and shine.
Gorgeous Hair Sleepy-time Rituals:
Tired of waking up with hair that seems to have partied all night? It's time to switch up your bedtime routine! I'll share some of my favorite tips that help me relax and unwind for a good night's slumber. These are proven to help people sleep better which will enhance your hair health.
Routine, Routine, Routine! As much as possible, go to bed at the same time every night. Also, wake up at the same time every morning. A sleep schedule can save you hours of tossing and turning.
- No List Making Before Bed!: (Pillow talk YES List making NO) I have set up "rules" around what I think about and talk about after 8pm. Nothing kills a good night's sleep like lying in bed and thinking about / talking over all the things you need to make sure you do tomorrow when you wake up. Instead set a time every morning that you can go over your day ahead. I keep a notebook next to my bed, so if something comes into my brain that I am afraid of forgetting, I jot it down with the knowledge that I will take 15-20 minutes in the morning to go over the day ahead. This will also improve your relationships! No reason to stress out with a brain dump on each other as you lie in bed at night. You really should be thinking sweet nothings as you drift off. Then in the morning, with a well rested mind and body, sit together over coffee and make your list then as you go over the important items for the day.
- Deep Breathing Exercises: Before settling into bed, practice deep breathing for a few minutes. Find a quiet spot, sit or lie comfortably, and close your eyes. Inhale deeply through your nose for a count of four, allowing your abdomen to rise as you fill your lungs. Hold your breath for a brief moment, and then exhale slowly through your mouth for a count of four. Repeat this cycle several times. Deep breathing helps relax your nervous system and reduce stress, setting the stage for a peaceful night's sleep.
- Aromatherapy: Calming scents like lavender or chamomile can help relax your mind and body. Consider using an essential oil diffuser in your bedroom or placing a sachet of dried lavender near your pillow. Inhaling these soothing aromas can help induce a sense of calmness and relaxation.
- Lighting!: Have you tried out voice controlled variable color lighting yet? Every evening when I walk into our bedroom, I say "alexa, make all lights amber". I am then surrounded by soothing, warm, low lighting. White LEDs have NO place in your bedroom. If you aren't ready for the big plunge into a houseful of voice controlled variable lighting, look into buying some warm tone lights for your bedroom, and perhaps a lamp or two with dimming capabilities.
Sarah: She stressed about all the changes in her life, and her hair showed it. Dull, lifeless, and barely there. That's until she decided to prioritize sleep and scalp massage, and voila, her hair came back to life. Her stress relieving scalp massages also helped her with getting a better night's sleep. This can often be the case. Yoga, massage - these help you de-stress and this also help your sleep! A good night's sleep and stress relieving techniques will benefit your hair (and skin and overall health!) tremendously!
Alex: His work stress was turning his hair into a tangled mess. One day, he discovered the magic of relaxation techniques before bed and added that to his nutrient-rich diet, and his hair thanked him by becoming healthier than ever.
- Practice Mindfulness Meditation: Dedicate a few minutes to mindfulness meditation before bed. Find a comfortable seated position and focus your attention on breathing. Notice each inhale and exhale without trying to change anything. If your mind wanders, gently bring your focus back to your breath. This practice can help clear your mind of the day's stressors and create a peaceful mental state conducive to sleep.
- Tip: Your exhale should be slightly longer than your inhale when breathing for relaxation.
Hair & Sleep: Spotting the Trouble Makers:
Have you ever had a stressful day that left your hair feeling as frazzled as your mind? Stress and poor sleep are sneaky culprits that feed each other and love to mess with your hair's mojo. Sometimes you are left just too tired to even care about your hair- that's when you know you are in trouble!! The solution? Thankfully there are many! Learn stress management techniques and establish a bedtime routine that helps your relax. Your hair will bounce back with a newfound resilience. Google for endless stress management information to find what resonates with you. You are never alone!
Sweet Dreams of Fabulous Hair:
Now is the time for a hair and sleep makeover. Imagine a life where stress is a thing of the past, and your nightly slumber becomes a beauty treatment. Work with the tips above, or discover others on line, but definitely find some new approaches to improving your sleep if you are having any problems. A good nights sleep helps EVERYTHING! With a bit of relaxation, a sprinkle of sleep routines, and a dash of self-care, you're on your way to fabulous hair!